WE ARE HIRING
CVs showing both education and experience to email@example.com
Croft Architecture Limited is an AWARD WINNING RIBA Chartered Practice with a wide range of clients in a variety of working sectors including education, commercial, residential and medical.
We're a client focussed company that measures success by delivering quality in line with client needs and expectations. We aim to continually improve our performance and are resultantly systems and technology minded.
We provides a supportive learning environment with good opportunities for learning, self-improvement and further career opportunities.
We are presently working on a number of exciting commissions, and have a job vacancy for a positive and pro-active individual to join our team.
A permanent full time position is immediately available for an enthuastic and talented qualified Quantity Surveyor. The position will include working on an interesting range of new design projects in the education, residential, commercial and medical sectors.
Essential and desirable criteria
The ideal candidate will have a HND/degree in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent practical experience. Further qualifications could include membership to the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). MRICS, etc are desirable.
A minimum of at least 5 years qualified work experience is preferred.
The successful job applicant will need to demonstrate the following skills and personal assets.
- Undertaking costs analysis for clients and project work.
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Produce budget cost estimates and update as required.
- Performing risk and value management and cost control.
- Advise clients and the design team in respect of value and cost.
- Preparing tender, preliminaries, contractor lists and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- Oversee project programme across the practice.
- Issue and run tender process.
- Evaluate contractor’s financial and performance capability.
- Ensure quality and compliance.
- Visiting sites on a regular basis in coordination with the Project Lead.
- Attend all relevant meetings.
- Identify variations and advise on costs.
- Valuing completed work.
- Preparing information to agree and submit final accounts.
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Prepare and execute JCT contracts.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- The ideal candidate will have industry experience and a degree level in Quantity Surveying or Construction Cost Management.
- An enthusiastic and committed work ethic.
- A commitment to continual improvement.
- A professional image and appearance.
- A thorough and organised approach and comfortably able to manage themselves and others.
- Excellent English language and communication skills supported by confident presentation skills.
- Candidates must be eligible to work within the UK, hold a UK valid driver’s license and have the use of a car.
Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate:
- An understanding of the business of Architecture.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual that has relevant on the job project experience. Candidates must embrace the company values of Integrity, Quality, Teamwork, Improvement, and excellence in what you do.
Candidates must be self-motivated and possess excellent commercial awareness, forecasting and budgeting skills and the ability to build strong relationships with clients.
The successful application will need to be able to quickly establish working relationships with a variety of people and thrive in a varied and fast paced environment.
It is preferable for applicants to live within a commutable distance to our offices at in Stafford.
You will join on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits, alongside the opportunity to work in a well-established and friendly company.
What We Offer
Competitive salary and benefits relevant to experience and skills
Opportunities for progression and a long-term career
22 days Holiday (Including Bank Holidays)
The office is located within easy reach of the M6, the train station and good alternative transport links to Birmingham, Derby and Stoke-on-Trent.
Croft Architecture is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
We'd love to hear from you. Please apply with a covering letter, CV and portfolio showing both design and technical design skills to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, if you need anything further, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01785 248542 or drop us an email.